Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Well...

I have never blogged before. This is new and very weird for me, knowing that anyone can see my thoughts, see me.

I guess I should start by saying why I am here. I am here to talk about writing, about me, about anything I can think of really. I am here because I want a place just for me. And I think this is it. I want to share my ideas, my fears and my dreams with people. I want to give and recieve advice. This is why I am here.

Hmmm...what should I say next? I graduated from high school in 2008 and then married. I have a job that I hate and think every day about quitting. Why? Because, more than anything, I want to be a writer. I have wanted it as long as I can remember. I don't want fame, I just want someone to read my stories and love them as much as I do. I want to write something that matters.

I haven't done much in my quest to become a writer. Sure, I have written stories...but I have never had the courage to send them out. It is hard to stick to one thing, I have so many ideas in my head. My brain goes blank when I think of revision. I realized pretty quickly that I needed some kind of help.

Luckily, I had been reading the blog of a full-time Novelist and saw that she had a writing course unlike anything I had ever seen before. It was called Thinking Sideways. At first, I had my doubts. How much could it really help me? Nothing else had. I did some reseach, read the reviews and saw that a lot of people got something great out of her course. So I decided to try it out. And you know what? I love it so far. I am already so much closer to my Muse. I can feel the ideas brewing and I know they won't stop anytime soon. I have a long ways to go in the course, but I can tell it is already worth the money. This course will help me, it will give me what I need. The tools to write the best novel I have in me.

Ok, so I guess that is all you really need to know about me, for now at least. I am just another writer in search of making my dreams a reality.

Tomorrow I will talk about my next Lesson and let you all know how I did, what problems I faced, ect.

No comments: