Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year's Resolutions...and jeez...I haven't updated in awhile!

It's that time of the year again. You know, when we inspire each other to do things and then kinda go about our merry way, forgetting we made the resolutions to begin with? Actually, for me, not this time. This year I have resolutions I am really serious about sticking to. I don't care how many hours of work I have to put in. The weird thing is, I am pretty good at sticking to my goals, its just when it comes to the New Year...some reason I choke and I throw all my hard work out the window, even if I really want what I aspired to do that year.

So, fess up guys:p Who else makes resolutions and then kinda...just...gets bored or scared or busy? Tell me I'm not the only one? Well, I challange you to do something a bit different this year. Make your resolution something really special, maybe a dream you have. Obviously it should be something you know you can accomplish in a year, or at least get started on it. Whether its saving up for a house, losing some weight, doing something crazy and dangerous just for the heck of it...but make it something you know you really want, something you are passionate about. Take your time with this. Then, write them out, on here if you must. Put them up where you can see them every day. If you really want what you have written down...I know you will make at least a little progress.

And now, for some resolutions of my own:

1.) Finish the revisions to my projects and send at least one manuscript out this year. I will never get used to rejection, plus I will never have the chance to succeed, if I don't put myself out there. Make it the best I can then let it go...

2.) Participate in JulNoWriMo or NaNoWriMo, or both if I can manage. A real writer writes, so I need to make sure I keep creating new stories I care about.

3.) Spend time with those I love, doing the things I love.

4.) Go to school if my finances allow (This isn't as important as the others...but it would be helpful.)

5.) Lose the rest of my baby weight. (It's only 8 pounds, but 8 pounds I don't want to see anymore!)

These are my most important ones I wish to stick to. These aren't my only ones, but everything else will take time and I'm not so sure how long it will take to make a change. My eating habits for example. One day I'm eating healthily, the next I'm fine with eating half a gallon of icecream while sitting down to watch The Biggest Loser! I want to set a good example for my baby. At some point I really need to get on this.

Writing Update: I have two finished first drafts...but I haven't gotten through revision yet. I'm gonna tell you all right now...writing the first draft was a piece of cake compared to this! Especially going through How To Revise Your Novel. I'm seeing all the mistakes I've made and its overwhelming me. Sometimes it makes me feel like I'll never be published. Other times I have lots of hope where my writing is concerned. But I have to admit I am not really on the ball with my editing. And I need to be.

When I can actually come back with some progress I'll tell you more about the editing thing. Otherwise when I post it'll be more personal. Like, sometime this week I'd like to tell you about a new hobby of mine.

No comments: