Friday, April 1, 2011

Wow...*coughs* It's been a long time since my last post!

Okay...I honestly didn't mean to leave you all in the dark without any idea as to what is going on in my life. I guess when life throws punches at you it doesn't stop with just one. Which I guess would explain my absense quite a bit...wouldn't it? :p

Some good things have happened. I've made great progress on my WIP thanks to Holly Lisle's How To Revise Your Novel course. I know what is wrong with it and why. I even know how to fix what's wrong! It's just...getting to the end that is taking forever. Apparently when you write a novel in a month it can leave you with extensive revisions. Or at least that's how it is in my case *blushes* I had no idea I'd still be working on this book almost a year later. And yet here I am. Good thing about this though : I haven't just written one thing. I have another first draft finished. Which I told you guy's about as well. I have some awesome ideas for a new book too. All in all...I have lots of stuff on different levels of completion...its just I haven't reached the end of revision yet. I'm hoping to get there by July as that is when I start school...which brings up my next subject!

I'm going to be attending school for Massage Therapy and I'm really excited. I know there aren't a lot of spots open right now and it'll be hard work finding a job...but its what I wanna do. I'm not going to give up. I mean...I'm trying to be a published author. I think being an LMT is easy in comparison. Or maybe I'm pushing my luck with that one. We'll just have to wait and see. I just hope I can get good grades. I wasn't the type to get A's in high school. I did the minimum for everything unless it was a subject I was obsessed with like English.

There are other things going on as well...but if I get into them it'll be like turning this blog into my personal journal. I'd assume that equals boring!

Anyway that ends the updates on my life.

I'm thinking on a post in the future I should dig into my revision process and the lightbulbs I'm having. Maybe it'll help some people. Like one thing in particular: writing down my scenes on index cards has become a huge part of my process for first drafts AND revision. This is partly because of Holly Lisle...an author I admire. She also writes courses for aspiring writer's like myself. She has changed the way I look at revision forever. I always thought you just started from the first line on the first page...changing words and sentences as you went. Plot as you saw fit. But its much more than that. How can you write the book you want without first knowing your target? These are things I'd like to address in later posts.

Well I think its time to say goodbye again. Sorry for the rant and very random post. Just thought I'd give you all a bit of everything today. Write and rock on!

No comments: