Sunday, December 6, 2009

I STILL Have No Ending

Yup, it's pretty horrible. After Nano I just did not feel like writing. My brain is mush right now. So I spent a couple days sleeping and thinking about what should happen, talking to my husband again who didn't see me all month...and now I find that I am lost, unable to continue. Where to take my story from here? At first the ending was clear in my head, but the more I wrote the more I saw there was so many different paths my characters could take. So now my head hurts. For now I'll try and remain calm and take a couple more days away from my draft, but then, regardless of how I feel, I have to write my ending, even if it sucks.

Anyone else finding that they are so close to the end of their first draft or final draft and are having a hard time pushing themselves forward? Any advice for me? I have never gotten so far in a project before. Usually I drop them within the first thrity pages for something new because I have the habbit of getting bored. But with this novel...that is not the case. I love my characters and my story. I am just stuck and am not sure what needs to be done. Am I overthinking this? Because this is first draft should I just write whatever comes to my head?

Sorry for all the questions, but I really am worried about this. Any advice or comments at all would be appreciated. I just feel like banging my head against the wall.

I really should have outlined this story before writing it. Really.

3 comments:

Voidwalker said...

Every story could benefit from a short ninja or half-orc. Have you tried weaving one of those in? LOL just kidding obviously. I would suggest giving your story to a trusted reader and asking them if they have any ideas. I know I've been in many-a-rut with my own novel and sought outside opinion. I try very hard not to use people's exact suggestions, but I do glean concepts and such from them and try to use those to spark ideas in my mind.

Tori said...

That's a very good idea. I'll talk to my hubby and see what he says...

Voidwalker said...

What? The ninja thing? hehe