Monday, May 3, 2010

What Are You Reading?




















I don't have much time to read but when I get the chance I eat books up. I have many guilty pleasures...at the moment my obsession is paranormal romance. Ever heard of Lynn Viehl? Her take on vampires is quite different from the norm, and she just started a new series as well.

Next on my to-be-read pile: Breathless by Dean Koontz

Why I picked it up: I will read anything by this author. His characters are compelling and real. His plots amaze and shock me. His writing beautiful. But most of all...his themes matter. He writes about things I care about and his stories are much deeper than they appear. I would love to write like him.

What I expect to like: It will be a fast paced read (I imagine anyway) with characters that I will care about. The plot will seem real and exciting. And there will not be backstory.

I have many other books that are waiting to be read or have started...but this is one I am greatly looking forward to.

What is next on your list? I am always on the lookout for new authors.

No comments: