Sunday, May 30, 2010

And Update Of Sorts

Right now I'm watching a cute little movie called JULIE AND JULIA and I'm listening to my son coo and flap his little arms in the air, but I wanted to take some time to blog since I haven't in a while.

Earlier this month I said I was planning a YA novel. And I had a deadline to start writing it. While I didn't quite make that deadline due to pressures at home...and other annoying things...I've been writing it! For almost two weeks now I think it was? This is another huge accomplishment for me, starting this project that has taken so long to create.

If I can keep writing almost every day my goal is to finish by the 22nd of August. Then I will start in on revisions. I'd like to start talking to you guys about what I worked on that day, it might force me to actually keep writing!

Today my poor little MC got in some huge trouble at her school for punching a bully, had to deal with an alcoholic mother...and her love interest is way too old for her. Talk about a conflict filled day. And its just about to get much worse.

You see, this is the thing, I don't have any problems writing conflict. I think my problem actually lies in writing too much conflict at once. Like pacing or something. Hopefully with time I learn how to control the pacing better, but for now...I have no idea how to fix that little issue.

I am happy to report I have five more pages written, which means I went way over my wordcount goal.

So how is everyone else doing? If you write are you able to hit your goals everyday? Do you have issues with deadlines like I do? Or any of the problems I seem to have?

Oh, I just remembered I need to hit the bookstore. I haven't read the Hunger Games yet but heard its fantastic and I really need to read more YA books that I actually love. There is also a book by one of my favorite authors coming out! I'm crossing my fingers I don't go overboard. Not reading for awhile does that to me.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Hi Tori,

I love reading your blog - especially as you are a new writing mother like myself! (and also a Think Sideways student). Congrats on hitting your wordcount goal. I set myself an average word count goal (it's pretty low at 750 words / day, but as a mum of a one year old at least it's achievable!). How great you have already finished novels - I'm inspired.