Sunday, September 20, 2009

Finished First Chapter

I finished the first chapter of my project yesterday. It's only seven pages long, but I think they are pretty good for a first draft. I have decided to write every day, even on weekends, because at the moment I only write 300-600 words. Maybe when I am able to write a bit more I will switch back to five days a week, but for now, I need all the time I can get!

In the course Thinking Sideways I am on Lesson 10 and it is about the Law of Unintended Consequences, or LUC. I learned how to create my own LUC, how to make my story deeper and more full of conflict because of this Lesson. Soon I will be writing an unplanned scene based off an unintended consequence...I can't wait! And later this week I'll learn how to write query letters that get noticed, something every writer needs to have mastered in order to get an agent.

Things have been moving rather slowly, but I have been progressing. Best of all, I really think I can finish this project. I know it most likley won't be publishable, but it will be a learning experience. I can't wait to reach the end and I've only just begun!

No comments: