Sunday, November 1, 2009

NanoWriMo has begun!

Well, I have actually decided to do it. A few days ago I signed up for National Novel Writing Month. I had to come up with a new story idea and everything because the guidelines say that you should not start Nano with a book you've already begun writing. Also, you aren't supposed to write a word until Nov. 1st. So. I put my YA novel to the side and came up with a story for Nano. Today is the first day. You have to write at least 1,667 words a day to meet the end goal of 50,000. And you know what? I did it! I got 1,708 words. It has been so long since I have written nearly anything close to that. It felt good. I really like my story idea too, so that helps.

Tonight I am going to plan some more scenes for tomorrow. I am hoping to add at least 2,000 more words to my current word count. Wish me luck on that.

I have decided to participate in some regional write-ins. A write-in is where fellow Nano'ers get together at a library, coffee shop or another location and write as much as they can for a certain amount of time. I have been told it is a great way to get your word count in for the day. I am pretty excited since I have never done one before. Who am I kidding, I haven't even tried Nano before! I need all the help I can get!

I have decided to post my word count most days here and vent about where I am in the process. If anyone else is doing Nano, I hope it is going well for you!

So far everything has started off quite nicely. I even like most of my words. Which is new for me.

No comments: