Thursday, June 10, 2010

It's Late, I Can't Sleep...Perfect Time To Write!

So the last few days have been tough writing wise. My son is going through another one of his growth spurts and I just couldn't seem to get any time to myself. I'd put him down for a nap but as soon as I took out my notebook or my laptop he would wake up! And need to eat again. Or want to be played with. Or need to be changed. You know, all that baby stuff. So writing through this has been extremely difficult.

Today I decided that no matter what I'd write. Even if it meant asking hubby to watch our son for a few minutes. I just had to get writing again. Meeting my deadline for this story is important to me.

To make a long story short...I somehow managed to write rather furiously while my family kept baby busy, and I even like what I wrote! It seems my Muse really likes to come out to play at night, and while its nice and all...it can also suck. It really gets in the way of my sleep.

I didn't really have much else to say other than I'm proud I got some more words down. I have about thirty five pages of my new story now, which means I am becoming more and more certain I will make it to the end of my first draft. And that sure keeps me going.

When do you write? Whenever the mood strikes? Every day at the same time? Different times every day? I write at least three times a week now and always find that I work bettter at night. Not sure if that is because people are less noisy or my Muse gets more excited...but it sure is fun.

I'm still smiling about those surprise pages. And to everyone reading this: Don't let anything keep you from writing, no matter how little time you think you have.

No comments: