Thursday, June 10, 2010

Writing Will Always Be My Answer.

I just had to post this. I was spending the day really thinking about writers who want to be published but always make excuses why they aren't writing. For awhile I was one of those writers. But for the last two years I have busted my butt even with a now three month old boy, even with a husband, even with any chore that comes to your mind, even with friends and family responsibilities. The fact of the matter is I find the time to write. No matter what. Writing will always be my answer, will always be my getaway. Nothing will make me give it up.

Why do I bring this up? For awhile I was feeling down, feeling like what was really the point of writing? The Voice Of Doom, or rather, my Inner Editor, kept telling me that all my stories were crap. I was never going to get published. So why keep writing? You'd be better wasiting your time on something else.

But it took those hard moments to realize exactly how important writing is to me. This is not about wanting money for my writing. It's not about wanting to be published, or to see my name on the shelves. It's not even about wanting fans. It's about the fact that writing is my life. It's who I am. And because of that it will always be my answer. It took some really sucky moments for me to remember that, but I am so glad I did.

So why am I writing this? I don't want anyone else thinking the way I did. Everyone who wants to write deserves to write. You all have a story to tell. So stop saying that its stupid or trash or doesn't mean anything! Write it!

Don't make excuses about wanting to write, find the time for it. Even if it means getting up thirty minutes earlier than usual. Don't be the person that talks about writing. Be the person that writes.

Is writing your answer? Is it a part of your life?

I don't know if I will ever be published. I want to be, but when I ask myself will I always write no matter what...I know now what I will say.

Writing will always be my answer.

No comments: