Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Well-Meaning (But WRONG) Friends And Family

You know what I hate? When well meaning friends tell me what I should do with my life, I mean my writing. I absolutely can't stand it when them or even people I don't know try to tell me how I should write, how long it should take me...or even WHAT I should write. Writing is a big part of who I am. I really am not thrilled when people try to define what it should be to me.

Have you ever experienced something like this? I know, I haven't gone into any detail at all. But if I do...I think it will only make the situation worse. Anyways, if this has happened...what do you do? Ignore them, tell them exactly how you feel, pretend you agree...what?

I'd love some advice if anyone has any. Man, I'm not even published and the life of a writer is already difficult at times. I just wish people understood what I am trying to do. But the fact is they don't. And chances are if you are a writer most people won't understand you either.

I know, this is such an uplifting post. Yeah. Right. Well, have a good day. I'm going to try to get through mine without freaking out.

No comments: