Wednesday, April 14, 2010

And I got my words!

789 words to be precise. Which brings my total word count to 2189 words. That's pretty good for my third day of doing this, especially since I wasn't even sure I would hit 500. So far I've been getting it and then some! I'm proud of myself since I have a little one to look after. And I do mean little. He's only 7 weeks old.

Which just goes to show that if you want to be a writer you CAN make time to write, regardless of how much you work...you just have to find out where your free time is, even if its only ten minutes and go for it! I know I did! Well, it took some coaxing...but once I got started I didn't want to stop!

Seriously. In my project things are starting to get juicy. My MC has just learned of a betrayal that has left her shaken...and things are only going to get worse from here. Man, I am so glad I don't have the lives of my characters!

And this brings me to my question of the day: How many words do you try to write a day? Or do you even write everyday? Do you only write when inspiration strikes, or have you made it a habit? I'd love to hear what you guys have to say.

Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Most authors look at starting at 1000 words a day and move up to 2000 words a day. I know one author who tries to write 20 pages a day. That's a lot! I'm not anywhere near that!

Jane said...

OMG - I can't believe you're writing with a seven week old. Kudos! My daughter was six months old before I felt ready to tackle anything more challenging than my journal :)